Custom Home Design Process
A major part of our custom home design process is helping you decide on a floor plan that best fits your needs and preferences. This helps to give you a starting point for a layout and general design, then let’s you adjust the specific custom home design elements and features. Our custom home design team will work with you hand-in-hand through our design process to create the best home of your dreams.
- Research & Pre-design – The best place to start planning your custom home. Our professional custom home design team will work with you on the following items to get a better idea of your vision:
- Creating a budget
- Creating a timeline
- Discussing expectations
- Research (boundary surveys, site cost, soil test reports, and HOA guidelines if applicable)
- First floor plan – This is the first plan and aerial layout of your custom home that uses the items discussed during the pre-design stage. During this stage you will make decisions about the:
- Size of your property
- Flow of the home in general and making sure that it aligns with your needs
- Locations for each of spaces including the garage, mudroom, closets, and entrances
- Subsequent renditions of floor plans – Having seen the first layout and floor plan, chances are that you will need/want to make changes. Through this stage of the custom home design process our designers will work with you on the different renditions and floor plans to ensure all the kinks and changes are worked out. The designer will also be able to provide more interior details at this time as well as exterior elevations. You’ll be given a much better idea of the sales price during this time as well.
- Final Plans & Construction drawings – Following all the changes and renditions of your custom floor plan, will come the final plan. This plan will consist of specific details such as measurements of rooms, entrances, square footage, flooring types, windows, countertops, etc. You being the homeowners will have to sign these final plans before we can pass them off for framing and foundation to begin.
Customizable Features in our Custom Home Plans
The major benefit of building a custom home with us at ColeVal Construction is that all the decisions are yours. We are there to guide you through the process and offer up advice and pointers when needed but the decisions are ultimately up to you. That said, we offer a variety of customizable features for your home to ensure you receive the best possible result in the end.
These customizable features include but are not limited to:
- Windows and window details
- Exterior elevations
- Electrical and plumbing
- Sizes of doors and windows
- Ceiling height and other details
We understand that the smallest of details in a custom plan can make all the difference. We take pride in our constant communication with our homeowners throughout the project and consultation processes. Diving into the details is our specialty and we have the reputation to replace it.
Designs With Functionality and Aesthetics in Mind
All of our designs are made with functionality and aesthetics in mind. Our expert team of architectural designers focus on the safety and satisfaction for each client, to create beautiful homes that best utilize the space. We have been building custom homes for many years now and have perfected the process to bring your vision to life.
Need inspiration? Click to Take a look at our custom floor plans for creative ideas
Contact ColeVal Construction in Willard, UT to get your dream home designed just for you today!